4/12: Choosing the mortar colour
If done correctly, there is a lot less mortar visible with ZERO® masonry than with traditional masonry. But an unsuitable mortar colour can still be undesirable. We advise to opt for a darker mortar to reinforce the shadow effect of the joint. For a more unicoloured effect, you can choose a matching coloured mortar, e.g. red mortar for a red facing brick.
Many manufacturers of mortar offer coloured mortars. For more information, we can refer you to a building material supplier near you.
- 01 Calculating the size of the bricks
- 02 Calculating the course size
- 03 Choosing the right mortar
- 04 Choosing the mortar colour
- 05 Tilt the bricks
- 06 Providing a damp-proof course below ground level
- 07 Adding a vertical damp barrier
- 08 Using closers
- 09 Installing joists and lintels in 2 different ways
- 10 Expansion joints
- 11 Garden walls or free-standing walls
- 12 Flat roofs